Monday, January 25, 2010

New Leader Profile


Here are some things to get to know Leanna:

Area of Service:
New Life Youth


Favorite Bible Verse:


This changes all the time, but 2 that have stuck with me are Romans 12:2 “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.” and Isaiah 55:8-9 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Favorite Music or Artist(s):

I'll listen to anything. A few of my favorites are Flyleaf, Mayday Parade, Family Force 5, Barlowgirl and Inhabited.

Area you feel God has used or is using you the most?:

I feel God is using me the most right now to mentor and teach myself and Devin's small group of girls. I feel Him putting me in a position of influence to give the girls an example to look up to and to teach me not to be a hypocrite.

A random fact that most people wouldn't know about you unless you told them:

Persian cats are my favorite! I love their flat faces =D

What was your dream job/profession that you had as a kid?:

When I was younger I always wished I could be a teacher or a doctor.

What is the most satisfying thing when it comes to serving?:

The most satisfying thing about serving is the humility that you learn from it. No longer are your actions selfish, done to please yourself, but they are done to further others.

What is one bit of advice you would give to others who are considering serving?:

Be sure to pray about where God wants you before you jump into serving. Also, make sure you are serving as a way to serve God, not to get recognition for yourself.

No comments: