Monday, February 10, 2014

This weekend's message


On Sunday, we learned about Choosing to Resolve Differences God's Way. 1 Corinthians 6 shows us these seven things to think about:
1. Am I handling this conflict in a way that looks to God and honors Him? vs 1 “ungodly”
2. In the big picture of things, is this really worth fighting about? vs 2-3 “trivial”
3. Is my priority to approach the matter in a way that pleases God and resolves the problem? vs. 4-5
   Three goals of Christian problem solving.
        • To resolve the problem
        • To reconcile the people involved
        • To honor God in the process
4. Is my approach likely to promote reconciliation or further division? vs 6 “against”
5. Is what I may win worth what I may lose? vs 7 “completely defeated”
6. If push comes to shove, am I willing to choose being wronged, rather than doing wrong. vs 7- 8 “be wronged…do wrong”
7. Am I willing to follow Christ’s example even if it’s difficult? vs 7 “why not rather be wronged?”

To listen to the message, visit our website at newlifecommunitychurch.net

No comments: