Thursday, October 18, 2007

I hear God better when...


The following is a portion of a blog post by Mark Batterson, a pastor in D.C.To read the all then of his thoughts, click on the link at the bottom of the page.

#1 I hear God better after I've confessed my sin.
Somehow confession gets rid of the static. Besides, when I'm living with unconfessed sin I don't always want to hear God's voice.

#2 I hear God better when I'm worshipping Him.

Worship is one way I tune into God's frequency.

#3 I hear God better early in the morning.

Some of you have never heard God's voice in the morning :) Part of spirituality is understanding your circadian rhythm.

#4 I hear God better after I've read my Bible.

When you open the Bible God opens His mouth. When you close the Bible God closes His mouth. Not sure who said that first, but it's true!

#5 I hear God better when I'm not in a hurry.

Blaise Pascal said, "All of man's miseries derive from not being able to sit quietly in a room alone."

Read the rest here

No comments: