Thursday, October 31, 2013
We desire to spiritually support our members through the different challenges of life. Our primary vehicle for spiritual support are Life Groups. Life Groups are a place where members can share needs, pray for each and receive spiritual support and encouragement.
While we hope that many needs can be meet in small groups, we realize that often times a member may need a trained counselor or a specialized support group to provide the needed help.
While our church does not have “in house” counseling, or support groups, we can point you to two local organizations that can help. These local resources can supplement the spiritual support our church provides. One of the organizations focuses on counseling, the other offers support groups. To learn more, check out our Counseling Resource Page.
Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Monday, October 28, 2013
Are you someone who follows our blog on a regular basis? There is a simple way to stay up to date. Whenever we post something new on our blog, you can have it delivered right to your computer.
If you're interested in trying it out, the first step is download a free blog reader. Some popular ones are: Google Reader, Omea Reader or RSS Bandit. Firefox also has this built in. If you are using a Mac, check out Netnewswire.
Many of our staff follow multiple blogs. Mike Hannah follows around 40 blogs, including our four new life blogs. Rather than visiting each of those sites individually, take advantage of Really Simple Syndication (RSS) and let the new posts come to you. A blog reader is like an email client program, it pulls the blog posts to your computer and notifies you when something new is posted.
1) An easy way to get started is to scroll down on the right hand column and click on "Subscribe in a Reader". It will take you to our Feedburner Page and give you some options for subscribing to our blog.
2) If that sounds too complicated, you can also receive posts directly in your email inbox. You can go to our Feedburner page and subscribe via email there.
Friday, October 25, 2013
Are you ready to dig deeper as a Christian?
Check out our “Digging Deeper” webpage. On it, you’ll find in-depth Bible study tools, free online theology classes, and other resources to help you grow stronger in your faith.
Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Each week we send out an email with three or four “all church” prayer needs. This gives members a specific way to pray for their church family. If you are interested in receiving this weekly email. Shoot us a quick message at email@example.com, and put “all church prayer email” in the subject line of your email.
“Pray continually...” 1 Thessalonians 5:17
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Our Next Child Dedication will be on November 3rd.
If you would like to have your child or children dedicated, let us know so we can help you make that happen.
Monday, October 21, 2013
If so, you may want to join our prayer team. Each week, members of our church turn in personal prayer requests. These prayer requests are put on a prayer list and sent to those who will left them up in prayer. If you have a desire to pray for others, you may be a great fit for this prayer team.
People who are part of this prayer team must be members at New Life and make a commitment to keep all requests confidential. If you are interested in being part of this team, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you about what’s involved.
Our church supports an orphanage in Ensenada, Mexico called Estado 29. Our goal this Christmas Season is to have every child at the orphanage supported with a gift. Look for the Christmas Tree at the Information Table on Sunday to pick your child to sponsor. Thank you for your support!
If you have any questions or want to get involved in this ministry please email us at email@example.com or check out our global outreach page.
Here are the thoughts from yesterday's topic. The Bible passage we looked at is is 1 Peter chapter 3, verses 8-12
1) Embrace the inner qualities for getting along. Vs 8 “harmony”
· Sympathy- is there someone I need to be supportive and understanding towards?
· Brotherly love – Is there someone I need to love even if they’re hard to be around?
· Compassion – Is there someone I need to soften my heart towards?
· Humble minded – Am I willing to admit when I’m wrong, or when I need help?
2) Break the cycle of conflict Vs 9 “repay…blessing”
- Is there a situation in which I need to do right even though the other person is doing wrong?
3) Follow the three “musts” for experiencing God’s good life. Vs 10-11 “must… love life….good days
· We must watch our words “keep tongue from evil”
James 1:19 My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry
· We must rethink our responses “turn from evil”
· We must monitor our motives “seek peace”
4) Live in a life that God is pleased to bless. Vs 12 “eyes of the Lord are on the righteous”
Posted by New Life Community Church at 9:56 AM
Saturday, October 19, 2013
Friday, October 18, 2013
Want to find out how to start a relationship with God?
If so, we want to help you take the next step. We’ve prepared some helpful materials that show what the Bible says about becoming following Christ. These self-study materials will assist you in taking the first steps to growing spiritually. To receive these materials, or to talk to someone in person, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check out our online information.
Thursday, October 17, 2013
Join us on October 29th for a workshop on how to make a difference in the mission of Christ. This four week workshop meets on Tuesday nights at 6:30 pm. To sign up for the workshop or to find out more, email us at email@example.com
Posted by New Life Community Church at 3:15 PM
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Our next step towards starting a women's life group is finding a potential leader. If you, or someone you know might be interested in learning to lead a life group, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of your interest.
Our Next Child Dedication will be on November 3rd.
If you would like to have your child or children dedicated let us know so we can help you make that happen.
Click here for more information on Child Dedication at New Life. Please email us at email@example.com with any questions.
Monday, October 7, 2013
Here are the thoughts from yesterday's service.....
How to Help People Change: Biblical Principles for Influencing Others (Even Hard Headed Spouses).
2) Start with a Supportive Attitude. Vs 1 “submissive”
3) Realize that people need to be won over, not pushed over. Vs 1 “won over”
4) If necessary, take a break from talking about it. Vs 1 “Without words”
5) Set the example of the change you’re looking for. Vs. 2 “When they see”
6) Give it time. Vs 2 “ When…."
7) Focus on changing what really matters. Vs 3-4 “Outward…Inner”
8) Prioritize the change that lasts - Spiritual Change vs 4 “spirit”
9) Put your hope in the only one who truly changes lives – God! vs 5 “put their hope in God”
You can listen to the weekend message online.
Sunday, October 6, 2013
Saturday, October 5, 2013
Join us tomorrow, October 6th for a look at what the Bible says about building stronger relationships. During this series we’ll be looking at Biblical principles for relating to the people God has put in our lives.
· How to Help People Change: Biblical Principles for Influencing Others (Even Hard Headed Spouses).
· How to Create a More Caring Relationship: God's Command to Husbands
· Why Real Love is Worth the Work
· Creating a Climate for Getting Along
· Making the Most of a Difficult Situation
Invite a friend and join us at either 9:30 or 11:00 am.
Posted by New Life Community Church at 7:00 AM
Friday, October 4, 2013
Need someone to talk to? Need someone to pray with you?
Ron Burleson and Scott Weisheit are associate pastors, also known as lay pastors, at New Life Community Chruch. They are available to help care for the members of our church family. If you need someone to talk with or pray for you, please feel free to contact them.
Both Ron and Scott are credentialed to perform weddings and funerals. They can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you ready to dig deeper as a Christian?Check out our “Digging Deeper” webpage. On it, you’ll find in depth Bible study tools, free online theology classes, and other resources to help you grow stronger in your faith.
God’s word is our guide for what we believe and how we live. Whether you’re a new Christian or a long time believer, we want to help you take the next step in understanding God’s word. Find out more about becoming a Bible Centered Christian by checking out our webpage.