Monday, October 21, 2013

Creating a Climate for Getting Along


Here are the thoughts from yesterday's topic.   The Bible passage we looked at is is 1 Peter chapter 3, verses 8-12

1) Embrace the inner qualities for getting along.  Vs 8 “harmony”

·      Sympathy- is there someone I need to be supportive and understanding towards?

·      Brotherly love – Is there someone I need to love even if they’re hard to be around?

·      Compassion – Is there someone I need to soften my heart towards?

·      Humble minded – Am I willing to admit when I’m wrong, or when I need help?


2) Break the cycle of conflict Vs 9 “repay…blessing”

  • Is there a situation in which I need to do right even though the other person is doing wrong?

 3)  Follow the three “musts” for experiencing God’s good life. Vs 10-11  “must… love life….good days

·      We must watch our words  “keep tongue from evil”

James 1:19   My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry

·      We must rethink our responses  “turn from evil”

·      We must monitor our motives  “seek peace”

4)  Live in a life that God is pleased to bless. Vs 12 “eyes of the Lord are on the righteous”


No comments: