Monday, March 10, 2014

Behind the scenes -- The weekend message

A visible part of the weekend service is the weekly message. In this series of blog posts I’ll (Mike Hannah) share some behind the scenes information on the how and why of the weekend message. To get you started, let me share the example of a message schedule. Here’s part of the working message schedule from 2011. 



As you look at the schedule you will notice several things…

  • We’re going through a book of the Bible – Most of the first 8 months of the year is spent going through the book of Genesis.  This is followed by a series through the Sermon on the mount.
  •  Our study through the book of Genesis is broken into a number of smaller series – “Back to the Beginning”, “By Faith”, “True Love” etc.
  •  About every six weeks someone besides me is speaking.
Over the upcoming weeks, I’m going to do a series of posts sharing some of the thinking behind the message schedule.  The topics I’m planning to cover are….

1) Why I like to Plan Ahead
2) Why I like going through books of the Bible
3) Why I Break the Books of the Bible into Smaller Series
4)   Why Guest speakers are scheduled during the year
5) Three Values that Mark the Weekend Message

Stay tuned for upcoming posts.

No comments: