Monday, July 18, 2011

Six questions to ask when you're thinking about moving on

Are you thinking about leaving a job, a relationship, a difficult situation. Here are six questions to ask when you're thinking about moving on. These questions come from the story of Jacob leaving his father in law (Genesis 31), and were shared during the weekend service.

1) Has the situation changed in regards to my reasons for being here? Vs5 “not what it was before”

2) Have I done my part to make it work – vs. 6 “I’ve worked ..with all my strength

Rom. 12:18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

3) Is this a one time problem or repeated pattern? Vs 7 “ten times”

4) Do I believe it’s God’s will to leave? Vs 13 “leave this land”

5) Do I believe it’s God’s time to leave? Vs 13 “at once”

6) What do others (especially those affected by the decision) think? Vs 16 “do whatever God has told you”

Final Thought – If God has you in a waiting period, perhaps it’s to bless and prepare you for what’s next.

To hear the message or download the notes go here

No comments: