(Note: This is part of a larger series on the weekend messages. Click here to see the original post)
Different church’s and different speakers have different styles when it comes to the message. Different styles are great, but the following are three values that hope shape every message at New Life Community Church.
We believe that messages change lives when they have…..
1) Biblical resonance – The speaker is saying what God’s word is saying
- Heb 4:12 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
- 2Ti 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
- Matthew 28:20..Teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you…
- Mt 7:24 "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
- 1Th 1:5 because our gospel came to you not simply with words, but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and with deep conviction.
2) Life Relevance – That takes God’s word into people’s worlds and helps them put it into practice